These agencies can provide support to people in South Australia to address workplace sexual harassment. For more information about how they may be able to help you, contact the agency directly.
The agencies listed here can provide support to people in South Australia to address workplace sexual harassment. Select the name of the agency to learn more about how they can help you.
The national agencies can also provide support to people in South Australia.
Actions that you can take with the support of these agencies include:
- Making a sexual harassment complaint with an anti-discrimination or human rights body.
- Applying for a stop sexual harassment order (or a stop bullying and sexual harassment order), general protections, unlawful termination or unfair dismissal with the Fair Work Commission.
- Making an application with a state industrial relations body if you have been unfairly dismissed because of the workplace sexual harassment.
- Making a workers’ compensation claim with your employer or through a workers’ compensation organisation if the workplace sexual harassment has caused you physical or mental injury or illness.
- Reporting the workplace sexual harassment as a work health and safety (WHS) issue to a WHS regulator.
About the Office of the Commissioner for Equal Opportunity, South Australia
The South Australian Office of the Commissioner for Equal Opportunity (OCEO) is responsible for preventing certain kinds of discrimination based on sex, race, disability, age or various other grounds. Under the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA), the OCEO can help people resolve discrimination, sexual harassment or victimisation complaints.
Contact the Office of the Commissioner for Equal Opportunity, South Australia for more information
- Website: Office of the Commissioner for Equal Opportunity, South Australia
- Email: OCEO@sa.gov.au
- Mail: GPO Box 464, Adelaide SA 5001
- Phone: (08) 7322 7070
- TTY: phone 133 677 and ask for AGD on 1800 177 076
- Speak and Listen: phone 1300 555 727 and ask for AGD on 1800 177 076
- Internet Relay: connect to the National Relay Service and ask for AGD on 1800 177 076
- Online enquiries form
About ReturnToWork SA
ReturnToWork SA (RTWSA) is responsible for providing work injury insurance and regulating the South Australian Return to Work scheme. RTWSA provides insurance to protect SA businesses and their workers in the event of a work injury and to support recovery and return to work. Crown and self-insured employers are also a significant part of the Return to Work Scheme and they have direct responsibility and management of work injury claims in their workplaces.
Contact ReturnToWork SA for more information
- Website: ReturnToWork SA
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 13 18 55
- Physical address: 400 King William Street, Adelaide SA 5000 Australia
- General enquiry online form
About SafeWork SA
SafeWork SA is the WHS regulator in SA. SafeWork SA investigates workplace incidents and enforces WHS laws in South Australia.
Contact SafeWork SA for more information
- Website: SafeWork SA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1300 365 255
- Mail: GPO Box 465, Adelaide, SA 5001
- Online enquiry form
About the South Australian Employment Tribunal
The South Australian Employment Tribunal is a statutory independent tribunal that resolves workplace-related disputes and issues, including deciding claims of unfair dismissal.
Contact the South Australian Employment Tribunal for more information
- Website: South Australian Employment Tribunal
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (08) 8207 0999
- Mail: PO Box 3636, Rundle Mall SA 5000
- Physical address: Level 6 Riverside Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000