New South Wales
These agencies can provide support to people in NSW to address workplace sexual harassment. For more information about how they may be able to help you, contact the agency directly.
The agencies listed here can provide support to people in NSW to address workplace sexual harassment. Select the name of the agency to learn more about how they can help you.
The national agencies can also provide support to people in NSW.
- Making a sexual harassment complaint with an anti-discrimination or human rights body.
- Applying for a stop sexual harassment order (or a stop bullying and sexual harassment order), general protections, unlawful termination or unfair dismissal with the Fair Work Commission.
- Making an application with a state industrial relations body if you have been unfairly dismissed because of the workplace sexual harassment.
- Making a workers’ compensation claim with your employer or through a workers’ compensation organisation if the workplace sexual harassment has caused you physical or mental injury or illness.
- Reporting the workplace sexual harassment as a work health and safety (WHS) issue to a WHS regulator.
About Anti-Discrimination NSW
Anti-Discrimination NSW (ADNSW) handles complaints of discrimination covered by the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW), which includes complaints of sexual harassment. ADNSW assist parties to a complaint to find a way of resolving the matter according to the law.
Contact Anti-Discrimination NSW for more information
About icare NSW
icare is a NSW government agency which provides workers’ compensation insurance to many public and private sector employers in NSW and their workers.
Contact icare NSW for more information
About the Industrial Relations Commission of New South Wales
The Industrial Relations Commission of New South Wales is established under the Industrial Relations Act 1996 (NSW) with conciliation and arbitral functions, including deciding claims of unfair dismissal.
Contact the Industrial Relations Commission of New South Wales for more information
- Website: Industrial Relations Commission of New South Wales
- Phone: (02) 8688 3516
- Interpreter Service: 131 450
- Mail: PO Box 927, Parramatta NSW 2124
- Physical address: Level 10, 10-14 Smith Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
About SafeWork NSW
SafeWork NSW is the WHS regulator in NSW. SafeWork NSW provides advice to workers, workplaces and the general community about workplace safety.
Contact SafeWork NSW for more information
- Website: SafeWork NSW
- Phone: 13 10 50
- Mail: Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252
- Voice calls or TTY call 133 677 and ask for 13 10 50
- Speak and listen service call 1300 555 727 and ask for 13 10 50
- SMS relay service on 0423 677 767 and type 13 10 50
- Make an internet relay call and type 13 10 50
- ‘Speak Up’ anonymous reporting