These agencies can provide support to people in the Northern Territory to address workplace sexual harassment. For more information about how they may be able to help you, contact the agency directly.
The agencies listed here can provide support to people in the Northern Territory to address workplace sexual harassment. Select the name of the agency to learn more about how they can help you.
The national agencies can also provide support to people in the Northern Territory.
Actions that you can take with the support of these agencies include:
- Making a sexual harassment complaint with an anti-discrimination or human rights body.
- Applying for a stop sexual harassment order (or a stop bullying and sexual harassment order), general protections, unlawful termination or unfair dismissal with the Fair Work Commission.
- Making an application with a state industrial relations body if you have been unfairly dismissed because of the workplace sexual harassment.
- Making a workers’ compensation claim with your employer or through a workers’ compensation organisation if the workplace sexual harassment has caused you physical or mental injury or illness.
- Reporting the workplace sexual harassment as a work health and safety (WHS) issue to a WHS regulator.
About the Northern Territory Anti-Discrimination Commission
The Northern Territory Anti-Discrimination Commission (NTADC) aims to eliminate discrimination by raising awareness about individual’s rights and responsibilities under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1992 (NT). The NTADC assesses, evaluates and conciliates complaints of discrimination, including in relation to workplace sexual harassment.
Contact the Northern Territory Anti-Discrimination Commission for more information
- Website: Northern Territory Anti-Discrimination Commission
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1800 813 846
- Mail: LMB 22, GPO Darwin NT 0801
- Physical address: Level 9, 22 Mitchell Street, Darwin NT 0800
- Interpreter services
About NT WorkSafe
NT WorkSafe is a division under the Department of Attorney-General and Justice responsible for WHS regulation and workers’ compensation in the NT.
Workers’ compensation in the NT is a privately underwritten scheme in which approved insurers and self-insurers carry the financial risk and are responsible for managing the workers’ compensation claims process.
Contact NT WorkSafe for more information
- Website: NT WorkSafe
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252
- Phone: 1800 250 713
- Voice calls or teletypewriter (TTY) call 133 677 and ask for 13 10 50
- Speak and listen service call 1300 555 727 and ask for 13 10 50
- SMS relay service on 0423 677 767 and type 13 10 50
- Make an internet relay call and type 13 10 50
- ‘Speak Up’ anonymous reporting