These agencies can provide support to people in Queensland to address workplace sexual harassment. For more information about how they may be able to help you, contact the agency directly.
The agencies listed here can provide support to people in Queensland to address workplace sexual harassment. Select the name of the agency to learn more about how they can help you.
The national agencies can also provide support to people in Queensland.
Actions that you can take with the support of these agencies include:
- Making a sexual harassment complaint with an anti-discrimination or human rights body.
- Applying for a stop sexual harassment order (or a stop bullying and sexual harassment order), general protections, unlawful termination or unfair dismissal with the Fair Work Commission.
- Making an application with a state industrial relations body if you have been unfairly dismissed because of the workplace sexual harassment.
- Making a workers’ compensation claim with your employer or through a workers’ compensation organisation if the workplace sexual harassment has caused you physical or mental injury or illness.
- Reporting the workplace sexual harassment as a work health and safety (WHS) issue to a WHS regulator.
About the Queensland Human Rights Commission
The Queensland Human Rights Commission (QHRC) is an independent statutory body established under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld). The QHRC handles complaints about discrimination, vilification, victimisation and sexual harassment under that Act.
Contact the Queensland Human Rights Commission for more information
- Website: Queensland Human Rights Commission
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1300 130 670
- For TTY users, phone 133 677 and ask for 1300 130 670
- For Speak & Listen users, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for 1300 130 670
- For Internet Relay users, connect to the National Relay Service and ask for 1300 130 670
About the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
icare is a NSW government agency which provides workers’ compensation insurance to many public and private sector employers in NSW and their workers.
Contact the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission for more information
- Website: Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1300 592 987
- Mail: GPO Box 373, Brisbane Qld 4001
- Physical address: Level 21, Central Plaza 2, 66 Eagle St, Brisbane Qld 4001
About WorkCover Queensland
WorkCover Queensland provides workers’ compensation insurance to Queensland businesses and workers
Contact WorkCover Queensland for more information
- Website: WorkCover Queensland
- Phone: 1300 362 128
- Mail: GPO Box 2459, Brisbane Qld 40010
About Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) is the WHS regulator in Queensland. WHSQ’s functions include securing and monitoring compliance with WHS duties using enforcement options, investigating WHS incidents and complaints and providing information to stakeholders on managing work health and safety risks.
Contact Workplace Health and Safety Queensland for more information
- Website: Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Phone: 1300 362 128
- Mail: GPO Box 69, Brisbane Qld 4001