International students - rights in the workplace
Information about workplace rights for international students.
Like many international students, you may get a part-time or casual job to help pay your living expenses while you study in Australia. It is important that you know your rights in the workplace. This website provides information on:
- Your workplace rights and protections
- What is the difference between full-time, part-time and casual work?
- What are my minimum rights and conditions at work?
- What is not okay at work?
- Can my employer deduct money from my wages?
- Can my employer pay me in cash?
- My employer wants me to sign an individual flexibility arrangement, what do I do?
- Am I an employee or independent contractor?
- When should I contact the Fair Work Ombudsman?