Fair Work Information Statement
• Fair Work Ombudsman
Employers have to give every new employee a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement (the FWIS) before, or as soon as possible after, they start their new job.
The FWIS has information on:
- the National Employment Standards
- right to request flexible working arrangements
- modern awards
- making agreements under the Fair Work Act 2009
- individual flexibility arrangements
- freedom of association and workplace rights (general protections)
- termination of employment
- right of entry
- the role of the Fair Work Ombudsman and the Fair Work Commission.